Best Probiotic Supplements for Weight Loss
Best Probiotic Supplements for Weight Loss in the USA
Why to reduce weight?
Overweight and obesity, which are superfluous deposition of fat in body, are a gateway to a myriad of adverse health consequences which include diabetes, hypertension, heart diseases, stroke, non-alcoholic fatty liver and numerous debilitating diseases.
No organ of body is spared from ill-effects of obesity directly or indirectly. Hence there arises the need to prevent and treat obesity by reducing and maintaining adequate body weight. Among many lifestyle modifications advocated to maintain adequate weight, use of probiotics in diet is emerging as one of the ideal strategy as supported by a bulk of recent scientific studies.
THIN 30 PROBIOTIC
- PROMOTES WEIGHT LOSS: In a Clinical study, 100 patients lost an average of over 30 lbs. in 90 days taking 300 mg of stimulant-free GREENSELECT PHYTOSOME daily with a reduced-calorie diet.
- Greenselect is a proprietary, caffeine-free extract from green tea contained in our Thin 30 probiotic at the 300 mg dose.
- PROBIOTICS DESIGNED FOR WOMEN: A professional-grade probiotic designed for women to aid in and help support weight loss, digestive health, cleansing and detoxification processes.
Force Factor ProbioSlim Probiotic
- HELPS YOU LOSE WEIGHT: ProbioSlim contains a powerful green tea leaf complex. As part of a sensible diet, EGCG burns fat, while caffeine delivers a boost of energy and helps control your appetite.
- PROMOTES HEALTHY DIGESTION: Lacto Spore, a premium probiotic strain, helps ease occasional diarrhea, constipation, and gas. It also helps reduce belly bloat, causing you to look much slimmer!
- ProbioSlim encourages the growth of beneficial intestinal bacteria
How a probiotic helps to reduce weight?
Obesity is caused due to multiple reasons and the most common among them is an imbalance between how much calories one eats and how much one spends in form of exercise and daily activity.
With increasing affluence worldwide, there has been an increase in available food and sedentary nature of life which has lead to obesity pandemic as we are consuming more and working less. The probiotics act by numerous methods on our body metabolism to reduce the extraction of calories from the food we eat.
A probiotic is a live bacteria or yeast which is given as food because of its health benefit. It has been shown in studies that type of micro-organisms in our gut is related to our weight. Those who are obese have a large number of bacteria from the group called Firmicutes (-the bad bacteria) in the gut while those who are lean have large number of bacteria from the group called Bacteriodetes (-the good bacteria).
To reduce weight, the good bacteria are given as probiotic food as the good bacteria absorb less calories from the food we eat while bad bacteria absorbs more calories making one obese [R].
What are the best probiotic supplements for weight loss?
While choosing a probiotic one has to remember that they are live micro-organisms and their activity and efficacy depends on specific type of micro-organism which is called particular “strain” of micro-organism. Most probiotic strains having beneficial effect on body metabolism in humans is reported from only two groups-Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium.
Below is provided a list of probiotics which are shown in recent clinical studies done on human volunteers to reduce weight and are beneficial in obesity and obesity related disorders:
- Lactobacillus gasseri SBT2055: This probiotic supplement when given to human volunteers for 12 weeks in a trial reported by Kadooka [R] lead to reduction of fat in internal abdominal organs by 4.6% and reduction of fat below the skin by 3.3%. It also lead to reduction in body weight and body mass index by 1.5%.
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG: The childhood is considered as essential time in prevention and treatment of obesity as during this time habits form and any risk factor of obesity during childhood has long term effects. In an interesting study reported by Luoto [R], when Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG was given to mother as probiotic starting 4 weeks before the expected delivery and continued administration to children till 6 months after delivery, it modified the growth patterns of children and restricted excessive weight gain in initial years of life. This study underlines the importance of alteration of gut microflora by probiotics to prevent obesity since childhood.
- Lactobacillus bulgaricus and Streptococcus thermophilus: In a study reported by Aller [R], the combination of these probiotics were proven beneficial for liver when given for three months to patients suffering from Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) which is an obesity related disorder.
- Bifidobacterium longum: This probiotic is also shown to be beneficial for liver by reversing the damage caused to liver by Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH) which is also an obesity related disorder [R].
- Probiotic “Symbiter” which is concentrated biomass of 14 alive bacteria was shown in one study to be beneficial for liver in patients with NAFLD [R].
- Probiotic Protexin in combination with Metformin was more beneficial for patients with NASH than Metformin alone. This study shows that probiotic act to synergistically strengthen the beneficial effects of conventional medicines when given to treat obesity related disorders. Protexin contains: Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Lactobacillus bulgaricus, Bifidobacterium breve, Bifidobacterium longum, Streptococcus thermophilus and fructooligosaccharides [R].
- Lactobacillus acidophilus, L. bulgaricus, L. bifidum, and L. casei : The combination of this probiotics in a study reported by Mazloom decreased the level of circulating fats in the blood [R].
The above probiotics have been proven to be effective in obesity and obesity related disorders in studies done on human volunteers. However a long list of studies done on other animals provide us additional list of probiotics useful in weight reduction. This includes probiotics like
In future when studies with these probiotics will be done on humans their efficacy in weight reduction can be scientifically proved.
Why probiotics are novel and ideal strategy to reduce weight?
Probiotics are safe with no reported side-effects and hence appropriate for long term use. This is a much desired property for any medicine to be used in obesity as it is understood that to reduce weight and maintain weight, therapies need to be used for long time. Probiotics used to reduce weight have other benefits also like better health of intestine, enhanced immunity, preventing development of allergies and preventing cancer as well [R]
http://www.blsciences.com/ participates in Amazon services LLC Associates program, which is an affiliates advertising program designed to provide a means for websites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com