Best tea for allergies
Best tea for allergies
Illness causes a lot of stress, not just physically but mentally too. However, dealing with complications that are general to people is much easier than dealing with something everyone finds alien. Allergies, the word might not seem as serious, but only the sufferer knows the intricacy of the toil. Allergy is when one is not immune from a certain type of object, and faces difficulties when comes in contact with those. Allergy can be classified in the most bizarre way possible. Because allergy can affect different people differently. And if you are also facing one, just turn to a cup of warm soothing tea.
Out of a number of different types of allergies, it can be broadly classified based on the period when one gets affected by it. Some suffer from allergies that are seasonal, and most suffer when they come in contact with the allergen. The cause for this condition is a defense reaction of our immune system to that allergen. Mostly people face allergic reactions from pollen granules of maple, oak, birch, etc. And when the person who is allergic to these comes in contact with any of the allergy-causing substances, the body tries to protect itself by producing proinflammatory signals. Which causes different conditions in different humans. Individuals then can often experience repetitive sneezing, constant tearing, itchy nose, postnasal drip, sore throat, etc.
Cure for these allergies could mostly be turning to some allopathic medications that shall provide relief from that condition for some restricted period. But like we all know that no allopathy medicine is ever available that has no side effects. So what’s next? Let’s turn to mother earth. Nature can answer your every question, only if you have the curiosity and will to ask.
Herbal tea is an answer almost to every question. The herbs hold the essence of medicines, rich flavors that your taste buds long for, with a smooth watery texture and warmth, herbal teas can just do wonders. So if especially your allergy restricts itself to seasons, Herbal tea would be the best option to choose from, and even if it’s not Herbal Tea always has its additional benefits that only nurture your health. So it’s always good to sip some Herbal Tea every day.
There is a wide range of Herbal Teas available with its own good qualities. However, few that have been proven to help those suffering from allergy are listed below.
- Lemon Balm Tea: Lemon Balm Tea is known to benefit the body in a spectrum of astounding ways. It is believed to be able to lower triglycerides, treat diabetes and heart palpitations. It is also known to soothe headaches and provide relief with respiratory issues. With all these effects Lemon Balm tea when infused with Licorice and used can help you with your runny itchy nose. Lemon Balm also has antihistamine and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Turmeric Tea: Turmeric is a well-known spice that is known to give curry its authentic yellow color. But Indians have known this spice for much more and beyond. The medicinal properties have now been recognized by the most. And turmeric is also known to be used providing relief like an antihistamine. Which makes Turmeric Tea very reliable for allergies. And turmeric can also be infused with other teas for its effectiveness.
- Peppermint Tea: The medical value of this herb is definitely known to all. We are also aware that peppermint tea can provide freshness. But little is known that peppermint tea can also be effective in providing allergic relief from concerning respiratory system issues. Peppermint tea has had its prominence in acting as a decongestant. The methanol content present in peppermint provides a cooling effect, which can ease allergy symptoms like sneezing, running nose, etc.
- Butterbur Tea: One of the studies related to Butterbur tea resulted in something very interesting. It was found out that this herb had the ability to stop histamines in the body and help fight the conditions of allergies. Butterbur is also known as coltsfoots and is usually found in marshy areas. They are also known to be useful in treating migraines, emotional distress, etc.
- Green Tea: There is enough known and said about green tea and how useful Green Tea is been proved to help in various possibilities and conditions. The presence of a compound called quercetin exhibits inflammatory properties and is also proved to be very useful in protecting one from allergic reactions caused by animal hair, pollen, etc.
- Rooibos: Rooibos belongs to the Fabaceae plant family. It is believed to have natural components, i.e. bioflavonoids that potentially block the release of histamines, which becomes a contributing factor to stop the issues caused by allergens. Rooibos Tea helps in metabolizing the allergens, which cause severe irritation to the skin; therefore it is very effective in treating various skin conditions caused by the allergens.
- Ginger Tea: Ginger is known to have vast medicinal properties that aid a lot of conditions naturally. And Ginger is often known to be able to fight nausea and help with a lot of digestion related problems. However, ginger can also be used for its antihistamine properties. Ginger when used in an infused formed is found to be able to cure nasal mucosa and also reduce inflammation.
- Blueberry herbal tea: Blueberry Herbal Tea is described as simply tasting blue; it is one of those teas that are also well known and consumed by a lot of people for its taste. It also consists of quercetin, which is responsible to reduce allergic symptoms and also boost immunity. However blueberry tea with is amazing to taste is also known to have a very calming effect and relive one from stress.
- Reishi Mushroom Extract: Reishi Mushroom extract is being used as a staple in Eastern medicine. They have known to have a wide range of medical values. The tea of this extract can boost the immune system and is also known to have anti-cancer properties. The tea also exhibits other medicinal qualities and can cure other conditions too. Allergy sufferers may find relief from the consumption of this tea because it can provide a natural antihistamine effect.
- Yerba Mate: Yerba Mate is known to be a highly caffeinated tea. It is well known for its various uses. It consists of a compound called Saponin which provides anti-inflammatory properties naturally. It is also very helpful with painful allergic reactions and reduces congestions. Speculation is also made that this herb can cure watery eyes and runny nose too.
There are a number of other combinations of tea that can provide you relief when suffering from symptoms caused due to allergens. However when you are facing issues that are severe one should always make sure to see a doctor immediately, because all the tea that is listed in the article may not be able to cure if the conditions are intense.
But Herbal tea can still be added in your routine because of its other medicinal properties. Allergy or no allergy, regular allergy or seasonal allergy, any condition can be treated and brought to your control if you remember to drink a cup of warm tea every day. Somethings can be cured only by avoiding it, allergy is one such condition. Stay away from allergens and just in case if you come across one, a cup of tea is always available.
http://www.blsciences.com/ participates in Amazon services LLC Associates program, which is an affiliates advertising program designed to provide a means for websites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com