Best tea for sore throat and cough
Best tea for sore throat and cough
Times have changed now, imagine yourself waiting on a bus stand, and someone beside you coughs, what would be your reaction? A panic will surge through your veins and automatically without a delay, that very second your body will try to push you as much far as possible. Why? We all know the answer to it. Yes, there is a possibility that it was just a normal cough. However, the impact of it will still be horrifying. So how do we make sure that we keep ourselves safe from all throat related problems and breathe happily, and not give people around us some mini heart attacks. There is a wide range of products available however the best option to choose from will be Herbal Tea for sore throat, Herbal Tea for cough, and Herbal Tea for cold and related issues because nature is always your best friend.
Winter days always sound better with a cup of warm tea in your hands, however the caffeine content in the normal tea that we consume daily is not what makes our body happy. So why not switch to something healthy, that can give you both the heat and the health.
Why is Herbal Tea is the best solution for sore throat and related problems?
Liquid foods have been stealing the show for ages now, they have also been doctors’ favorites, since when unwell, fluids are easy to consume and digest both, which gives a sense of relief to your digestive system. They also have a soothing effect on the throat when consumed warm, which is why warm fluids are the go-to option for most of the illnesses, and Herbal tea aces to battle with most of the cold-related issues. And during the pandemic times when swords too cannot beat the demon, maybe a warm cup of Herbal tea could.
Types of Herbal Tea's that can be used to cure the sore throat:
Now that we know it’s a fact that any warm liquid, even water can make you feel better when suffering from cold, or a sore throat. But, what an ordinary drink can do the most is make you temporarily feel better. But if you are looking forward to healing yourself from within with no side effects then Herbal Tea it is. Following is the list of easily available and the best of the options of Herbal Tea that you can turn to for Cold, Cough, or for Sore throats.
- Turmeric Tea: Turmeric is a spice that makes to almost every Indian kitchen. Turmeric has a long history in South Asian countries for its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. From being the first aid to every cut it makes its way towards being the best cure for sore throat and other cold-related issues too. It can be consumed directly with hot water. You can also fuse it with different ingredients for better flavors.
- Licorice Root Tea: Medicinal use of the Licorice roots dates back to ages, ancient Egyptian Pharaohs used these roots to constitute sweet drinks. Licorice is the root of a medical plant that is widely known and used to cure gastrointestinal problems. However, its uses are not getting ceased at that. The roots have been found very useful in fighting those bacteria that cause infectious sore throats.
- Ginger Tea: Ginger is the tastemaker in many Indian dishes, which is also known for its fair amount of medicinal properties, like acting as a natural painkiller, detoxification of the body, etc. However, while treating sore throat with a possible infection, a warm cup of ginger tea has always shown its positive effects. (Tip: Adding a pinch of cinnamon to the tea can enhance both its medicinal value and taste)
- Green Tea: We are sure that all those who ever thought of losing weight, at least once had a thought of Green Tea too. Green Tea and its goodness needn’t even be explained. We are well aware of this Tea with its very beneficial properties. This drink consists of amino acids, vitamins, and minerals. And its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiviral properties do wonders for your body. It’s light taste, warm and soothing texture can help you with your cold-related problems too.
- Chamomile Tea: Chamomile can never be explained enough. It’s an all-rounder indeed. This magic potion can cure most of the health issues. It aids better digestion and also helps you take a good nap. But what is interesting is that Chamomile Tea when consumed along with honey helps to coat the throat with it’s smooth and sweet texture and flavor. Its lubricant property helps heal the sores of the throat.
- Peppermint Tea: Peppermint candy is everyone’s favorite. We mostly enjoyed peppermint candy for its cooling effect. Peppermint consists of methanol, that has antibacterial properties that help you cure a sore throat, and related bacterial infections like strep.
- Marshmallow Root Tea: Marshmallow root hides a sticky substance that has a gel-like texture and is called mucilage. This is proved to be very fruitful in curing sore throat by coating the throat and giving a soothing effect.
- Lemon Tea: Vitamin C is known to boost your immune system. Lemon is known as one of the best sources of Vitamin C. Lemon tea inhibits many qualities and those are known to us. However, what’s unknown is its use in curing sore throat and cold. This tea with its detoxification ability can boost your immunity to fight cough, cold and sore throat.
- Slippery elm tea: This herb is being used for ages now. Mucilage a substance present in the slippery elm tea, which gets converted into a gel when mixed with water. And when the mix is consumed, the gel coats your throat, which soothes and protects it from sores. It is also found that slippery elm tea is more effective in soothing than decaffeinated orange pekoe tea.
However, there are different herbs that you can fuse and use together for better results. For example, Ginger-Turmeric Herbal Tea could give you better results other than using either of them alone and many other fused tea have been proven to provide comforting conclusions.
Herbal tea can always help you soothe the itchy sore throat problem, and sometimes with your cold and cough too. However in some extreme cases, even gargling with the tea can help. And you can always make a tea that can tingle your taste buds with some fresh lime or some honey. They also are known for their medicinal properties and get along well with any type of Herbal Teas.
http://www.blsciences.com/ participates in Amazon services LLC Associates program, which is an affiliates advertising program designed to provide a means for websites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com